Ontario Winter Games Update – October 17, 2023
- XCSO has been granted an extension to the December 7, 2023 registration deadline. The registration deadline is now Friday, January 5th.
- For Olympic Stream athletes: All Districts must submit a ranking list of 10 or more per gender to [email protected] at the very latest by December 31, 2023. Early submissions are strongly encouraged to facilitate the registration process. The first 10 males and 10 females will be named to the OWG Games Team (4 x 20 per District = 80 total). The next 40 athletes will be selected by proportionate Nordiq Canada license holders as of December 1, 2023.
- For Paralympic Stream athletes: The selection race will be at the Candy Cane Cup at Nakkertok on Sunday, December 17, 2023. The top 5 para nordic athletes by gender will be selected for the team. Selection will endeavour to have equal representation from both sitting and standing athletes, and by gender. A maximum of 10 athletes will be selected to attend the Ontario Winter Games.
- Travel logistics and funding arrangements are still being developed by the Ministry. Our understanding is that flight bookings may be organized by the host (City of Thunder Bay). We will provide an update as soon as we more information.
- The race formats will include a free technique qualifier and division relay, and a classic interval start.
- The Ontario Winter Games Preliminary Race Notice is posted. It will be updated once we receive additional information from the Ministry.
This preliminary information is issued to allow districts to finalize their selection criteria. The OWG Race Notice, once published, will take precedence over the information posted here.