Cross Country Ski Ontario is continuing its Coach Mentorship Program. The aim of this program is to facilitate partnerships and knowledge transfer between coaches in Ontario to support and facilitate the ongoing education of ON high performance coaches. Through increased collaboration and knowledge sharing, XCSO aims to improve the coaching environment in the province while increasing connections with coaches. Through this program, coaches can share experiences, exchange ideas, best practices, and coaching strategies resulting in an improved daily training environment for athletes.
Up to 5 coaches will be selected to be mentored by Victor Wiltman, XCSO Technical Director and Katie McMahon, XCSO Performance Coach. The program will be administered by Katja Mathys, XCSO Coaching Development Co-ordinator.
The program includes the following:
June 1, 2020 Program Start
- Virtual/phone meeting with Victor Wiltman and Katie McMahon
- discuss program, establish individual program structure, goal setting and explore outcome expectations
Training Camps (Throughout summer, fall, early winter)
- 1-2 training camp per coach – This coach will be selected as the PCE (Provincial Coach Experience) coach for that camp
- opportunity to observe coaches in action, participate in sessions and apply learning directly with athletes
March, 2021 Program Debrief Meeting
- face-to-face or phone meeting to discuss program, answer questions, share experiences , validate learning outcomes