Cross Country Ski Ontario is continuing its Coach Mentorship Program for the 2023-24 season. The aim of this program is to facilitate partnerships and knowledge transfer between coaches in Ontario to support and facilitate the ongoing education of ON high performance coaches. Through increased collaboration and knowledge sharing, XCSO aims to improve the coaching environment in the province while increasing connections with coaches. Through this program, coaches can share experiences, exchange ideas, best practices, and coaching strategies resulting in an improved daily training environment for athletes.
Up to 5 coaches will be selected to be mentored by Bryan Dubeau, XCSO Technical Director. The program will be administered by Katja Mathys, XCSO Coaching Development Co-ordinator.
The program includes the following:
Ongoing Intake: Program Start
- Virtual/phone meeting with Bryan Dubeau
- discuss program, establish individual program structure, goal setting and explore outcome expectations
Professional Development Opportunities (Throughout summer, fall, early winter)
- 1-2 training camp per coach – Coaches will have opportunities to attend provincial camps- (Provincial Coach Experience) coach for that camp
- opportunity to observe coaches in action, participate in sessions and apply learning directly with athletes
- guidance and technical support to achieve personal and club objectives
Program Debrief Meeting (March 2024)
- face-to-face or phone meeting to discuss program, answer questions, share experiences , validate learning outcomes