As per ICR-CCR 222.8, the use of fluorinated wax or tuning products containing fluorine including kick wax is not allowed for all categories.
Fluoro wax is restricted for Canadian FIS Tier 1 events and all other Nordiq Canada sanctioned events. This includes:
- Canada Cups
- Nordiq Cups (COC) / Nordiq Canada Selection Trials
- Nordiq Canada wax project for Open Category: Mandatory standardized glide wax for open category
- Nordiq Canada Ski Nationals
- Tier 2 events (Provincial)
For complete guidance refer to Nordiq Canada’s wax tech resources page.
The application deadline is April 30, 2024.
Those eligible to apply to the Fund include:
- High-performance athletes enrolled at a Canadian university, community college or other post-secondary educational institution. “High-performance athlete” refers to athletes who are any of the following: international team members, national team members, carded athletes, university varsity team members and/or competitive club athletes reaching national championships level. Student-athlete candidates require a minimum 70 per cent academic average at the time of application.
- Post-secondary students active in sport at a non-high-performance level.
- Sport practitioners active/working in sport as an official, administrator or high-performance coach.
- Educators working in a sport, sports sciences, sport management/administration or other applicable discipline.
Cross Country Ski Ontario supports the development and enjoyment of cross country skiing for everyone from the recreational skier to those pursuing competitive excellence.
Are you interested in making a difference at the provincial level? XCSO’s Board of Directors is a vibrant group of volunteers working to make a difference in our sport.
The ideal Treasurer will have a passion for sport and an understanding of, and experience with, good financial management and reporting practices.
Are you a university athlete who is in a BComm or related program who might be interested in some board experience? This is an excellent opportunity to gain leadership skills on the board of a not-for-profit organization.
Feel free to contact Stephanie Marler, Executive Director of Cross Country Ski Ontario.
XCSO is excited to announce a new affiliate program with Canadian Wintersport / Skiwax.ca
● Get more people participating in winter sports.
● Support clubs and provincial programming.
● More active members and communities.
● Fundraising through our Affiliate Marketing Program.
● Discounts on Club purchase/team equipment and wax box purchases.
● Other partnership opportunities.
Affiliate Marketing Program:
This affiliate marketing program is supported through the Skiwax.ca Shopify site. XCSO and participating clubs will receive an affiliate discount link and code. These codes can be shared with members and non-members through email and social networks. Customer using the codes will receive a 15% Discount on their purchases. XCSO and the participating Club will receive a commission on total sales generated by their affiliate codes.
Club Purchase Discounts:
XCSO clubs would receive a discount and special offers on equipment and supplies.
Here is a link to a table with the brands available. CWS/Skiwax.ca Brands
To sign your club up for contact Kevin Shields at [email protected]
The October 2023 Community Update featured the XCSO 2023-2028 Strategic Plan.
The Strategic Plan and Introductory video can be found in the About section of the website.
The slide deck from the October 12 and October 16 meetings can be found here.
The recording for the October 12 meeting can be found here.
The recording from the October 16 meeting can be found here.
Cross Country Ontario is thrilled to share our 2024-2025 program document with you!
We are calling them Excellence Programs because that’s what we are aiming for. Through innovation, consistency and connection we aspire to fully reach our potential as a leading province in Nordic Skiing.
Whether you are an athlete, coach, official, wax technician, or event host, we are committed to ensuring that together we are consistently recognized as among Canada’s best.
Congratulations to the following skiers on their selection to Team Ontario Development!
The focus of this program is on skill building, commitment to training/documenting training, and overall improvement. A key benefit to this program is access to education sessions delivered by some of our provinces best sport science personnel from the Canadian Sport Institute of Ontario.