Cross Country Ski Ontario is offering a Coach Mentorship Program each year. The aim of this program is to facilitate partnerships and knowledge transfer between coaches in Ontario to support and facilitate the ongoing education of ON high performance coaches. Through increased collaboration and knowledge sharing, XCSO aims to improve the coaching environment in the province while increasing connections with coaches. Through this program, coaches can share experiences, exchange ideas, best practices, and coaching strategies resulting in an improved daily training environment for athletes.
Up to 5 coaches will be selected to be mentored by Victor Wiltman, XCSO coach/technical support. The program will be administered by Katja Mathys, XCSO coaching development co-ordinator.
The program includes the following:
June 4 – 6, 2017 Coaching Seminar
- face – to – face meeting with Victor Wiltman and Katja Mathys
- discuss program, establish individual program structure, goal setting and explore outcome expectations
Dryland and On Snow Camps (throughout summer, fall, early winter)
- 1 training camp per coach – This coach will be selected as the PCE (Provincial Coach Experience) coach for that camp
- opportunity to observe coaches in action, participate in sessions and apply learning directly with athletes
March 10 – 17, 2018 National Championship, Thunder Bay
- face-to-face meeting to discuss program, answer questions, share experiences , validate learning outcomes