Nordiq Canada Community Coaching Grant
In response to the tremendous growth of membership within cross-country ski clubs across the country, Nordiq Canada is committing $100,000 in grant funding to support community coaching.
The funding is aimed at helping Canadian cross-country ski clubs meet the increased demand for the safe delivery of ski programming during the pandemic and beyond by increasing the number of qualified coaches throughout the country.The support seeks first and foremost to provide a response to our current challenges in the aim of reducing ratios when delivering the Skill Development Programs and promoting safe practices;
- To assist a community that may experience fiscal challenges this season by reducing some of the costs of training coaches;
- To provided added capacity to a potential increase in demand for initiation into our sport;
- To offer a complementary pathway to athletes who may not be able to race as much as they might wish and to keep them engaged in the propagation of a healthy ski culture;
- To reach out to the community that is not directly served by the youth programming.
Summary of how it works:
– New coaches still have to take the multi-sport Coach Initiation Module ($15 e-learning in the Locker)
– Online ICC registration fees will be waived in the Locker between November 20 – January 15
– Community Coaching Fees will be reimbursed to XCSO and then forwarded to clubs or individuals